So I have officially been practicing as a nurse for a little over a year now, and so much has happened to be worthy of praise! Since today is my last day on 6000 for a few months I thought I would recap some Nurse Worthy Highlights:
- The Joyful Nurse–with well over 215 followers and nearly 4,000 views, I can say without a doubt my blog has taken off faster than expected!
- Starting my career on 6000, a Medical Oncology floor, at Sanford Health in Sioux Falls, SD. I could not have asked for a better first year experience.
- I recently started writing a book–more to be published on this later! I don’t know if I’ll make a dime, but I’ve always wanted to be published and to write a book, so why not?
- Gained an enthusiasm through 6000 Book Club for reading medical books relevant to real nursey life including Being Mortal: A Book Review and The Shift.
- Finding a faith family through my friends at Connection to encourage me through the journey.
- Getting the opportunity to pray with a few patients, have spiritual conversations, and sharing the gospel with patients when the situation allows.
- Accepting my first traveling assignment in Downey, California as an Infusion Center RN and am so excited for this new experience!
I am so grateful to each and everyone of my co-workers for everything you have done to mentor, teach, and lead me this year. To those at Connection, you have shown me so much truth of the gospel in the way you live you lives and the love and acceptance you have shown me. It has been a blessing to become closer with my family this year and to always be able to rely on their unwavering support.
Until next time,
**Feel free to comment below: What have been your Nurse Worthy Highlights this year?
P.s. Only 7 more days in SoDak before moving out West!